CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.
CAP CONNECT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Heavy Squadrons

3 posters

Go down

Top Heavy Squadrons Empty Top Heavy Squadrons

Post by sgtniedrauer Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 pm

We have a relatively large squadron with a lot of NCOs. A problem we've been having is trying to find places for those NCOs. As it stands right now, many of them are just in "the flight" and are starting to loose interest in CAP. More then two flights isn't practical and there are only so many support staff positions that can be filled.

What have others done in similar situations/any tips for handling it?

Thx
sgtniedrauer
sgtniedrauer
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 98
Wing : Texas
Cadet or Senior : Cadet
Name : Isaac Niedrauer
Grade : C/2Lt
Squadron : Tyler Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Top Heavy Squadrons Empty Re: Top Heavy Squadrons

Post by MajorCarrales Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:49 pm

This is a situation that can sometimes come in cycles. Most times a unit can follow to of the following models 1) Lots of Airmen and few NCOs and Cadet Officers, 2) Lots of Cadet Officers and few airman.

What to do then?

The trick is recruiting.

If you will let me explain, sometimes Cadets seem to come in waves. Brownsville has just produced some fine Cadet Officers, a Spaatzen and a few C/Lt Cols and C/Majors. The thing is that when these officers leave for school, the unit is left with Airmen and lower level NCOs.

No on the the matter at hand...
I would say the trick to answering your issue would involve what activities are available. Try assigning these extra NCOs some special projects. Could be your idea, could be theres.

Having nothing to do can cause people to loose interest. Give them a purpose. We can brainstorm such project as the thread develops.

MajorCarrales
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 56
Cadet or Senior : Senior
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Add01 Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

I agree with the Major. My squadron used to have that same problem until we started recruiting big time. Now, we have the newer NCOs assigned to guide the flight, while the more senior NCOs have assigned tasks.

Add01
Add01
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 300
Wing : Rockwall, Texas
Name : Addison Jaynes
Grade : C/1Lt
Squadron : Lakeshore Composite Squadron - TX-354
Registration date : 2007-09-07

http://caplakeshore.org

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtniedrauer Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Yes, right now this is the suggestion I gave my squadron C/CC. I suggested that we have all the NCOs that are still "in the flight", get into a group and discuss what type of event we need the most. If it be recreational or training, it would be completely up to them.

Then, under supervision, they must plan and organize the event. When it's all done, they turn the Ops Plan and all of their planning to the squadron staff so they can execute it.
sgtniedrauer
sgtniedrauer
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 98
Name : Isaac Niedrauer
Grade : C/2Lt
Squadron : Tyler Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Add01 Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:12 am

I can relate to this, because I am a NCO, and have been in a flight for quiote some time... I am finally just now starting to do more working one-on-one with individual cadets. I am also teaching classes like color guard and such.

Add01
Add01
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 300
Wing : Rockwall, Texas
Name : Addison Jaynes
Grade : C/1Lt
Squadron : Lakeshore Composite Squadron - TX-354
Registration date : 2007-09-07

http://caplakeshore.org