CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.
CAP CONNECT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could be National Commander...by the numbers

4 posters

Go down

If you could be National Commander...by the numbers Empty If you could be National Commander...by the numbers

Post by MajorCarrales Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm

If you could be National Commander, please answer, by the numbers. Be serious, act as if it were a reality.

1) What would be your policy on Emergency Services?

2) What would be your policy on Aerospace Education?

3)What would be your policy on Cadet Programs?

4) What would you do about Uniforms?

5) What sort of policy would we need that we do not have now?

6) What is something done now that you would stop?

7) Would you allow Wings to be distinctive, or would you push for ONE CAP?

OK, have at it. We may break off into some other threads from some of the answers. Feel free to exercise your creativity, be polite and let's build something from this.

MajorCarrales
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 56
Wing : Texas
Cadet or Senior : Senior
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

If you could be National Commander...by the numbers Empty Re: If you could be National Commander...by the numbers

Post by Add01 Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm

To add to this, anyone who goofs around in this post will be eliminated from this forum section for a long time. Take it seriously.
Add01
Add01
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 300
Wing : Rockwall, Texas
Cadet or Senior : Cadet
Name : Addison Jaynes
Grade : C/1Lt
Squadron : Lakeshore Composite Squadron - TX-354
Registration date : 2007-09-07

http://caplakeshore.org

Back to top Go down

If you could be National Commander...by the numbers Empty Re: If you could be National Commander...by the numbers

Post by swater Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

1) What would be your policy on Emergency Services? i would make more teaching programs.

2) What would be your policy on Aerospace Education? i would push for more funding and do more encampments and activities

3)What would be your policy on Cadet Programs? i would make more meetings and review material

4) What would you do about Uniforms? this may be me but i love my BDU's!!

5) What sort of policy would we need that we do not have now? i would make cadet banquets.

6) What is something done now that you would stop? i wouldn't make a GES i would make multiple tests to help with confidence to get the test done

7) Would you allow Wings to be distinctive, or would you push for ONE CAP? i would be on a side of pushing for one cap
swater
swater

Number of posts : 44
Name : Sean Tedder
Grade : C/CMSgt
Squadron : Lakeshore
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.txwgcac.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Add01 Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:13 pm

MajorCarrales wrote:If you could be National Commander, please answer, by the numbers. Be serious, act as if it were a reality.

3)What would be your policy on Cadet Programs?

4) What would you do about Uniforms?

5) What sort of policy would we need that we do not have now?

6) What is something done now that you would stop?

7) Would you allow Wings to be distinctive, or would you push for ONE CAP?

OK, have at it. We may break off into some other threads from some of the answers. Feel free to exercise your creativity, be polite and let's build something from this.

1. I would encourage Emergency Services greatly, and possibly even make it mandatory to have some level of GTM before becoming an NCO/ Senior Member 2nd Lt.
2. I would definately add more required time per month for Aerospace Education, and host more AE workshops for teachers.
3. I am not sure what he means exactly for policy on cadet programs, but I would definately be more serious about it, along with making the CP more involved with Emergency Services.
4. I don't see much change that is needed in uniforms, but I think that if we quit changing uniforms and stuff constantly, then people would be happier.
5. I think we should make a policy some minumal community service hours before promotion. I think that there should be a quota to meet before promotion to the next level.
6. I really can't think of anything that I would stop this second, but I would really try to stop members fighting between themselves. I believe that there is not a better way to waste time, than fighting. We need to work together as a team.
7. I would let Wings be distinctive. Not that I don't agree with the whole concept, but I think that each wing should make their won decisions to a point.
Add01
Add01
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 300
Wing : Rockwall, Texas
Name : Addison Jaynes
Grade : C/1Lt
Squadron : Lakeshore Composite Squadron - TX-354
Registration date : 2007-09-07

http://caplakeshore.org

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtniedrauer Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Emergency Services is the fundamental building block in CAP. Everything else is based around it. On the senior side, there is no program without it. If CAP continues to only focus on ELT missions then it's not going to last for long. ELT beacons are being eliminated fast for more efficient GPS powered tracking devices, that do not require a CAP ground team to find them.

CAP has got to expand it's ES program to include things such as missing person searches. Nearly every CAP squadron has a large park or some equivalent, where people get separated and lost on a regular basis. Yes, these missions are handled by the police, but there is no reason that CAP cannot get work with local police and fire departments and get involved in similar missions.

CAP needs to push for more out-of-CAP qualifications (ie. NASAR). GTM ratings mean absolutely nothing to organizations outside CAP. If CAP wishes to be recognized, it needs to stress such quals.

My opinion on cadets in ES is too long to fit, but maybe another time.

This is more of a squadron level thing, but National needs to push it more. For squadrons, setting up tours with local airport facilities (ie. Air Traffic Control towers, etc) is a good start.

Remember, you learn something much faster if you are teaching it too. Make sure that cadets are teaching classes to each other and outside organizations consistently. Beyond that, I think squadrons should handle it based upon the available resources in the local area.

I'll leave at that for now, because I've got to run...
sgtniedrauer
sgtniedrauer
Board of Administrators
Board of Administrators

Number of posts : 98
Name : Isaac Niedrauer
Grade : C/2Lt
Squadron : Tyler Composite Squadron
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down