CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CAP CONNECT
This forum is currently under construction. The Administration is looking for a CAP officer (cadet or senior) to take on the responsibility of this forum. If you are interested in helping us, please contact C/1st Lt Jaynes at addocap@yahoo.com. Thanks.
CAP CONNECT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Command Pilot Wings

3 posters

Go down

Command Pilot Wings Empty Command Pilot Wings

Post by Flying Pig Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm

If a pilot joins CAP with several thousand hours hrs, do they still wait the 8 year total requirement to qualify for the Command Pilot Wings? My Dept has two pilots, one with over 25,000+ hrs, and one with 12,000+ Ive been talking to them about CAP.
My understanding is that you wait the time, because wearing CAP Command Pilot Wings shows (or at least implies) that you FULLY understand CAP policy and procedure related to our specific missions.

Aeronautical Ratings and Requirements. Requirements for CAP-member aeronautical ratings are:
a. CAP Cadet Pre-solo Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1, CAP Flight Management.
b. CAP Solo Pilot Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1.
c. CAP Pilot Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1.
d. CAP Senior Pilot Rating:
1) Meet CAP pilot rating requirements.
2) Have been an active CAP-rated pilot for at least 3 years (this service need not be continuous).
3) Have a minimum of 1,000 hours pilot time logged in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
e. CAP Command Pilot Rating:
1) Meet CAP senior pilot requirements.
2) Have been an active CAP pilot or senior pilot for at least 5 years (this service need not be continuous).
3) Have a minimum of 2,000 hours pilot time logged in accordance with FARs.

Flying Pig
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Command Pilot Wings Empty Re: Command Pilot Wings

Post by AlphaSigOU Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:49 pm

Flying Pig wrote:If a pilot joins CAP with several thousand hours hrs, do they still wait the 8 year total requirement to qualify for the Command Pilot Wings? My Dept has two pilots, one with over 25,000+ hrs, and one with 12,000+ Ive been talking to them about CAP.
My understanding is that you wait the time, because wearing CAP Command Pilot Wings shows (or at least implies) that you FULLY understand CAP policy and procedure related to our specific missions.

Aeronautical Ratings and Requirements. Requirements for CAP-member aeronautical ratings are:
a. CAP Cadet Pre-solo Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1, CAP Flight Management.
b. CAP Solo Pilot Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1.
c. CAP Pilot Rating: Be qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-1.
d. CAP Senior Pilot Rating:
1) Meet CAP pilot rating requirements.
2) Have been an active CAP-rated pilot for at least 3 years (this service need not be continuous).
3) Have a minimum of 1,000 hours pilot time logged in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
e. CAP Command Pilot Rating:
1) Meet CAP senior pilot requirements.
2) Have been an active CAP pilot or senior pilot for at least 5 years (this service need not be continuous).
3) Have a minimum of 2,000 hours pilot time logged in accordance with FARs.

Correctamundo. Way I look at it, you need to be Form 5 or 91 rated and current for at least five years as either a CAP pilot or CAP senior pilot (doesn't have to be continuous) and a minimum of 2000 logged hours before earning the 'toilet seat' around the star. Way it's written, it's awfully difficult to get around the 8 years, since you have to meet pilot and senior pilot requirements.
AlphaSigOU
AlphaSigOU

Number of posts : 12
Wing : DFW.WYLIE5.TTT
Registration date : 2007-12-24

http://www.capaddison.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Sayre Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:14 am

Guys, I think you are misreading a little. The min would be 5 years for command pilot...

Have been an active CAP pilot or senior pilot for at least 5 years (this service need not be continuous.)

3 years as a CAP Rated Pilot
+2 Years as a CAP Senior Pilot
5 years as "an active CAP pilot or senior pilot"

Al Sayre

Wing : Up to my FPOC in Alligators... Why are we here again?
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaSigOU Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:46 am

I stand corrected.
AlphaSigOU
AlphaSigOU

Wing : DFW.WYLIE5.TTT
Registration date : 2007-12-24

http://www.capaddison.org

Back to top Go down